Pages

Sunday, January 12, 2014

2013 in Review: December

What a year 2013 was!  It has featured a new house, new jobs, new schools, and new skills.  Here’s the story, month by month:

December 
I'm now down to 1-2 migraines a week, which is a huge improvement over what I was experiencing before.  However, my neurologist says it’s still not good enough to return to full-time work, so it was with great regret that I recently had to resign from my teaching job.  However, I have recently started a part-time job as a Youth Services Librarian at the Monticello Library.  I'm really enjoying this new career!  Bryn, Shay, and Liam all did beautifully in Christmas programs for their schools.  Aiden continues to be the best-natured baby in the world, rolling with all the punches while wearing a constant smile.  Bryn, Shay, and I all finished up quilting projects and gifted family members with them at Christmas.  The entire family traveled first to Michigan to celebrate Christmas with the Meyaards, then to Illinois to celebrate with the Pfanschmidts.  Ben found the final few days of 2013 to be quite busy, with year-end donations coming in to camp.  We ended the year with some excitement when, on December 28, Brian and Lakshmi added baby Siva Reddy (our first nephew!) to the family. 




No comments: