Pages

Sunday, December 02, 2012

Giving Thanks 12/2

November may be over, but I'm still thankful....

November 26 - I am thankful for our friends Melanie and Mike, who love our kids and have been so willing to help us out with childcare.

November 27 - I am thankful for my sweet and spunky Shaylee Grace, who came into the world 5 years ago today.

November 28 - I am thankful for Shay's preschool (Ready Set Go), her wonderful teachers, and all the friends she has made there.

November 29 - I am thankful for our local library.  The staff is just wonderful.  They know all my kids by name and know their preferences well enough to be able to recommend books for each kid, completely unprompted.  Liam looks forward to library storytime every week, and the girls are always thrilled to see what I bring home from our weekly trip.  I'm also thankful for my friend Leah, who I always enjoy seeing during library storytime--and swapping book recommendations with!

November 30 - I am thankful for living at Camp Tecumseh and having the opportunity to pick up some hours working there.  Yesterday and today I got to work with the Quilt Camp at the Leadership Center and had a great time assisting with set-up and visiting with the ladies there.  I am thankful for Ben's flexibility in scheduling to make it possible for me to do things like this.  I am also thankful for my friend Christine, who spoils me.

December 1 - I am thankful for Mike, Mel, and Jamie, who gave up their Saturday afternoons to lead songs and skits at Shay's birthday party and showed all the kids a great time.  I am thankful for Andrea, Rob, Carrie, and Steve, our friends from Indy who made the drive up here to celebrate with us.  I am also thankful for all the local friends we've made in the last year and were able to come out to celebrate with us.

December 2 - I am thankful for the laughter and enthusiasm that come with facilitating a great group at the Leadership Center, and for the fun friends (Drew, Sarah, Grace, Neal, and Christine) that I got to do it with.  I am also thankful for a long nap after a busy week!

No comments: