Pages

Sunday, November 25, 2012

Giving Thanks 11/25

Blessings abound....

November 19 - I'm thankful for... chaos?  It's been a crazy day, jumping right from one activity to the next. Really, I'm thankful for Ben, my partner and helpmate in all this craziness.

November 20 - I'm thankful for all the awesome parents of the girls in my Girl Scout troop.  They're so supportive and awesome about jumping in to help with activities.

November 21 - I'm thankful for fog--or at least, the fact that fog allowed my kids to have a day off school today!  That enabled us to get packed up and on the road to visit family sooner.  I'm thankful for safe travels and for being welcomed by family when we arrived.

November 22 - I am thankful to have (finally!) woken up this morning with a clean bandage on my foot--no more blood!  I'm thankful that this spot (removed by the dermatologist almost 2 weeks ago) looks like it's finally healing.  I am also thankful for a relaxing day spent with family, and also for getting to talk on the phone to my mom, dad, and sister.  Also a thankful shout-out to my friends Andrea and Carrie and the wonders of technology that allow us to be together even when we're hundreds of miles apart.  :)

November 23 - I'm thankful for family.  We had a wonderful Thanksgiving meal and visit today with Ben's side of the family.  It was great to be able to spend some relaxing time all together.  I especially loved getting to see the cousins play together, particularly how Shay dotes on Elizabeth!

November 24 - I'm thankful for a nice morning with Ben's parents before we all had to pack up and go our separate ways.  I'm thankful for safe travels (us on the drive back to Delphi, and Ben's dad on his flight to the Netherlands).  I'm also thankful for the fact that our kids slept on the ride home, so Ben and I actually got some uninterrupted conversation time--definitely a rarity with 4 young kids!

November 25 - Silly though it may sound, I'm thankful for my bed.  The mattress is just the right firmness, and it's wonderful to be able to burrow down in the sheets on a cold day, to rest, or to have some cuddle time.

1 comment:

Jill said...

It was a great weekend! So glad we got to see you all, and I love the kids together! Especially the way E's face lit up with her cousins with her in the bathtub! :)