Pages

Sunday, November 18, 2012

Giving Thanks 11/18

A continued list of the blessings in my life....

November 12-  I am thankful for safe travels--Ben arrived safely in Colorado for a YMCA fundraising conference.  I am also thankful for my sweet friend Mel, who is spending this whole week with me and the kids to help us out while Ben is gone.  She's incredible!

November 13- I am thankful for a birthday that just keeps on going (!!) and for family and friends that know me so well.  I am thankful for new books from my SIL Jill (can't wait to read them!) and DVDs from my mom.  Perfect gifts for a week when I happen to be home alone with the kids and need some relaxation!

November 14- I am thankful for the fact that both of my daughers love school and love to learn.

November 15- I am thankful for all the wonderful women of Camp Tecumseh who I got to visit with at Christa's shower tonight!  Tonight, I am particularly thankful for the chance to talk and get caught up with Jamie, Shannon, and Sara.  I am also thankful for the wonderful Mike, who watched my boys while the girls and I attended the shower!

Novmber 16- I am thankful for Friday!  It has been a long week around here--Ben has been gone, the kids have been cranky, and I have been struggling to walk after having a mole removed from the bottom of my foot last week (and then the wound not healing).  I am thankful that we've all made it through the week unscathed.  I am thankful for all of the amazing help that Mel has given me during the week, and for the chances we've had to talk and laugh.

November 17-  I am thankful for Ben's safe return.  I am thankful for how our kids' faces light up when they see him.  I am thankful for rest and for healing.

November 18- I am thankful for an evening out with my oldest daughter Bryn.  She's been in a mood lately (acting like a surly teenager already!), and I'm so glad that I got an evening with just the two of us to laugh and talk.  Feeling like I've got my sweet little girl back.  :)

1 comment:

Jill said...

Such a great list Amy! We all have so much to be thankful for!