Pages

Friday, October 19, 2012

Working Girl

Last night, Ben had a Board meeting for camp, so I was alone with the kids.  We also had Shay's preschool Open House, and as we were driving, I was explaining to the kids that Ben couldn't come because he had to work.  This led to a discussion on the topic of "what is Mommy's job?"

Bryn astutely stated that Mommy's job is "taking care of our family."  When I asked her how often I do that, she laughed and said, "Every day!"

We then discussed how Mommy also babysits our friend Molly during the day, usually 4 or 5 days a week.

Plus Mommy has worked with Retreats groups at camp every Saturday and Sunday this fall.

And for the last couple of weeks, Mommy has also been earning some additional income by grading SAT essays online, so every "spare" minute has been spent in front of the computer.

"Wow," said Bryn. "Mommy, you work a LOT."

Then, from the back seat, Shay piped up: "Mommy, you have another job that you didn't say!"

And what would that be, Shay?

"You are always making milk for Aiden!"

True story, little girl.  That alone is pretty much a full-time gig.

I couldn't stop laughing.  Good to know I'm appreciated!!

No comments: