Pages

Monday, August 20, 2012

Of Two Minds

A couple of weeks ago, I shared my intention to start writing more.  Since then, I’ve been thinking more deliberately about what I’m putting out there on the blog.  Over the past year, I’ve started writing and sharing book reviews.  As a former English teacher and future librarian, reading is obviously a huge passion of mine.

But when I started this blog back in 2006, my intent was to share news about our growing family and our daily lives with friends and family, near and far.  And the more that I think about it from a writer’s point of view, the more I think that this blog has become “of two minds.”  Those of you who read it for the book reviews may not care about my day-to-day family life, and those of you who come seeking pictures of my kids may not care about young adult literature.

During our conversation about writing, my BFF Melissa told me that she thought my blog was the perfect way to break into “The Biz,” meaning the world of novels, writing, and literary talk.  When I pointed out that no one in The Biz would care to read about my kids (it would be kind of creepy if they did!), she said that she thought that I’d eventually naturally progress to a point where I would split the blog into two separate sites.  Melissa is a very smart lady, so I’ve decided that’s what I need to do.

So, if you’re interested in reading updates on my personal life and sweet kiddos, as well as other random ramblings, stay right here at Neither Here Nor There.  If you’re a booklover that wants to get ideas for your next read, head on over to Blatant Bibliophilia.  I’ve reposted all of my reviews there and will continue to post new ones as I read.  If you are interested in both, then stop by and see me often at both sites.

Thanks for reading, everyone!

3 comments:

Melissa said...

Ha :) I like hearing about your kids AND the books you review, so I will be reading both blogs!

Maria Maras said...

I'll be reading both, too, but I can't seem to access the book one. Help!

Maria

amypfan said...

Maria (and anyone else that was having a hard time) - I just updated the link. http://blatantbibliophilia.blogspot.com/
Enjoy!!