Pages

Wednesday, February 01, 2012

January in Review

Since it's February 1, it's time for my monthly check-in on my goals for 2012.  You can find my original list of goals here.  Here's the assessment:

1. Read the equivalent of a book a week.
I've read four books this month: Delirium by Lauren Oliver, Pregnant Pause by Han Nolan, The Fault in Our Stars by John Green, and The Murder of Bindy Mackenzie by Jaclyn Moriarty (post on that one coming soon).  Next up: The Knife of Never Letting Go by Patrick Ness.

2. Blog regularly.
One month, 10 posts.  Not great, but far better than I did for the majority of last year!

3. Monitor my own health; stay healthy; keep this baby healthy.
For starters, I've realized an error in my original goal:  I really should have said "GET healthy" rather than "stay healthy," since I'm definitely not healthy right now.  But as you can tell by my last post, I made the very good decision to drive down to Indy and see my neurologist, and I have high hopes that the results of that appointment will improve my health over the next month.  I've also got my 20-week ultrasound tomorrow, so I'm looking forward to learning more about the about the baby and his health.

4. Organize photos and memorabilia.
After a month of valiantly sorting through photos, labeling them, and uploading them to Flickr for storage, I am pleased to report that all our 2011 photos have been organized.  Woo-hoo!  Now on to older ones...

5. Get our house into "finished" condition.
I haven't made it very far on this goal so far, as my daily migraines have prevented me from doing much more than basic daily maintainance and then falling into bed.  I did do a very tiny bit of painting in Liam's room (soon to be "the boys' room"), and finishing that is my top priority for coming months.

6. Love, value, and respect my family.
Obviously not a "measurable" goal, but I hope I'm doing okay on this.  My constant migraines and exhaustion have led me to fall into bed early a lot of nights and crash on the couch many others.  So Ben, if you're reading this, and in case I haven't told you often enough--I hugely appreciate all of your help this past month and love you very much!!

7. Read the whole Bible and spend more time in prayer.
I'm doing a chronological reading plan of the Bible this year. While I admit that I had to do some catch-up reading, I'm now on target.  We're hoping to check out a new church this coming weekend, so I'm hoping that will lead to good things.

8. Be positive.
Again, not measurable.  But I don't feel like I'm doing as well on this one as I would like.  I've been so frustrated by health problems and the struggles of daily life.  Hold me accountable on this one, friends.

And now, on to February!

1 comment:

Katie DeKoster said...

These are such awesome goals! #7 is so important and so difficult. Way to stay on track!!!