Pages

Sunday, October 03, 2010

September in Review - Amy

1. Read the Bible.
Still reading.

2. Read at least one pleasure reading book per month.In September, I read Baby Proof by Emily Giffin for my book club. I liked it, but not as much as other books I've read by her. I can't decide if I'm just getting sick of her or if I was just frustrated with this particular book. In either case, Something Blue remains my favorite by her. I also just finished up Mockingjay, the third book in the Hunger Games trilogy by Suzanne Collins. I thought it while it was good, it was still the weakest of the trilogy.

3. Join some kind of musical group and perform with them.I performed my first concert with the Zville Concert Band on September 11. We actually had another concert today, so now I can check this goal off twice!!

4. Blog daily.I haven't managed daily, but I'm doing what I've got time for.

5. Get back down to (at least) my pre-pregnancy weight.
Last month I mentioned that I was interested to see if my winter wardrobe would fit, since I'm holding steady at 20 pounds lighter than my pre-pregnancy weight. This month I had to actually break into the winter wardrobe and subsequently learned that no, in fact, it does not fit. Good thing I have some belts. And good thing that Kohl's constatly runs sales.

6. Get involved in some kind of theatre group and help out with at least one production.This goal is officially on hold. I'm far too busy as it is.

7. Teach Bryn to read.She's learned a few more short words and enjoys practicing. She LOVES being back in preschool this fall and gives me a full report of what she learns each day. She loves to do her homework and turn it in each day!

8. Potty-train Shay.She's doing really well. She even goes at school! I actually thought she was ready to be in underwear instead of Pull-Ups, but when we prototyped this the other day, I realized that she's leaking more than I had previously thought. Back to the Pull-Ups, but she does go on the potty nearly every time.

9. Frame our portraits.All family portraits have been framed. Next job is to put together our "Year Six" anniversary frame.

10. Finish up some of my murals.
Still working on Noah's Ark.

11. Paint the kids' bathroom.This project is officially on hold.

12. Get Shay into her big girl room.Achieved in January.

13. Breastfeed Liam.More than halfway to the one-year goal! Liam is also now eat rice and oatmeal cereal, bananas, apples, pears, green beans, and vanilla yogurt. With the exception of the cereals, we haven't bought any baby food this time around; we're doing the whole homemade thing. Far easier than I had expected!

No comments: