Pages

Saturday, September 18, 2010

Catching Up: A Day at the Zoo

While I feel like I have pretty much lived in front of the computer this past week, I have somehow not managed to find time to blog. I have, however, spent a lot of time learning about ready reference sources and how to evaluate databases, librarian style, for my two graduate courses. I'm taking both of them online, and I definitely think that I like the old physical style classes better. While my program is actually at a university here in town, the classes I needed this semester were offered either online or at times that absolutely did not work for me, so I decided to go the online route, thus resulting in me spending huge amounts of time staring at the screen. Combine that with my recent writing project (more on that at another time), my MOPS publicity stuff, and the bare minimum of keeping up on email, and I have basically no desire to do anything else online unless I absolutely have to. As a result, I'm way behind on blog, so here's my effort to get caught up....

Last week, Andrea and I decided to make the most of the gorgeous weather by taking the kids to the zoo for one last outing before our opposing preschool schedules prevented us from playdating for the rest of the fall. The "big girls" had a great time, as always, and were relatively good about letting Shay tag along.
Our lone boy had a great time with all his ladies. He's loving the cooler weather, as it means that I can take him out a lot more without fear that he's going to melt.

And check out this sweetness! Shay, Bryn, Hailey, and Hannah--
All in all, two thumbs up on the day. Fall is definitely the time to do the zoo. There was basically nobody else there, and the animals were more active than I've ever seen them--apparently they enjoy the cooler weather as well!

No comments: