Pages

Saturday, September 11, 2010

August in Review - Amy

I realize that this is, oh, about 11 days late in being posted. That seems to be the theme of my life lately--barely able to keep up. I'm sure you'll see that theme several times in this monthly check-up. I'm actually kind of embarrassed to post this, since I made such little headway in August, but here goes....

1. Read the Bible.Sadly, even further behind than I was last month. Still working on it though.

2. Read at least one pleasure reading book per month.Utter fail. I started several books but did not finish any of them (in the month of August). I've already finished one in September though (thank goodness for my Book Club; I'd never finish anything if it weren't for them), so at least I can check this one off for next month.

3. Join some kind of musical group and perform with them.I missed two weeks of rehearsal, one due to my terrible salmonella poisoning and one due to parents' night for the girls' preschool. So I haven't been a terribly good band member either. That being said, we have a concert tonight! So technically, I'll be able to check this goal off after today. :)

4. Blog daily.I'm sure that many of you loyal readers have already noticed my "falling farther and farther behind" theme on this one. But I'm doing what I've got time for.

5. Get back down to (at least) my pre-pregnancy weight.Holding steady at 15-20 pounds less than pre-pregnancy weight.... and pretty interested to see if anything in my winter wardrobe is going to fit!

6. Get involved in some kind of theatre group and help out with at least one production.This goal is officially on hold until sometime that I can breathe without having heart palpitations about how many things I already have to do.

7. Teach Bryn to read.She's actually really into math lately--and good at it! And she's "reading" in the sense that she has her favorite books memorized and can repeat them verbatim, complete with page turns at the proper moments. Quite the memory on that one!

8. Potty-train Shay.Slow and steady wins the race, right? She loves to "pee pee on the potty" and is doing so with more frequency, but largely just does it in response to our prompting. She will occassionally tell us on her own that she has to go, but not with regularity.

9. Frame our portraits.I framed our newest portrait; now just waiting for Ben to hang it.

10. Finish up some of my murals.Still working on Noah's Ark.

11. Paint the kids' bathroom.This is a sore subject. It is still sitting there with one pitiful stripe of blue edging. Does anyone want to just come over and do this for me? ;)

12. Get Shay into her big girl room.Achieved in January.

13. Breastfeed Liam.Me and my breastpump have now officially been together for six months. I'm hoping to keep Liam on breastmilk for a year, although we have enough frozen that this doesn't necessarily mean pumping for the whole year. So I am starting to see the light at the end of the tunnel. And he's now eating rice cereal and oatmeal cereal, and soon to be on fruits and veggies, so I will soon be able to slow production as well. ;)

No comments: