Pages

Thursday, August 05, 2010

The William Triumverate

A little over a year ago, I hosted a baby shower in Peoria for two of my dear high school friends, Melissa and Ashley, who were pregnant at the same time. At the time of the shower, I had just found out that I was pregnant with Liam, although that was still my little secret. Neither of them found out the sex of their baby ahead of time (wayyy more self-control than me). In short, we all had boys (Melissa in August, Ashley in September, and me in March) and all named them William. (Theirs are both Will and mine is Liam).

We had long been talking about getting together for a visit to introduce the William Triumverate, and the much-anticipated meeting took place yesterday in Urbana. We had a great time getting caught up on all the funny stories that come with motherhood, particularly that of parenting boys, which is a whole new ballgame for me. It was absolutely wonderful to see two of my dearest lifelong friends and meet their boys. We most definitely need to do this more often!! Bryn and Shay came along for the ride as well, and while they were confused by meeting two little boys with the same name, they actually held up pretty well, in spite of the long car ride and the scorching heat.

Here's the mamas and the Williams, photo compliments of Bryn:

4 comments:

Ragfield said...

¡Los tres Guillermos!

Maria said...

This reunion looks like so much fun! Hope I can be there the next time.

Ashley said...

Yay! I love the picture, and it was so fun to see you all!

Crissy said...

You should have said you were all meeting up-Mackensie and I could have joined you for a bit (instead of having you try to stop by). Oh well, maybe next time...