Pages

Wednesday, August 04, 2010

July in Review - Amy

When I sat down to write this post, I realized that I never got around to posting my kids' updates for June. I'll get on that in the next week or so. In the meantime, here's my own July update. Got to keep myself honest. :)

1. Read the Bible.
Ashamed to admit that I'm actually a few days behind on this one. Getting caught up is top priority.

2. Read at least one pleasure reading book per month.Like I said in my last update, I started this month by reading Something Blue by Emily Giffin, which I liked a lot more than Something Borrowed. I then read Jacob Have I Loved by Katherine Paterson. I actually remember looking at at this book on my seventh grade teacher's bookshelf and being intrigued by it way back then, but somehow, I had never gotten around to reading it. That being said, I didn't really like it very much, no harm done all these years. :) The absolute highlight of my month was reading The Hunger Games and Catching Fire by Suzanne Collins. They were truly fantastic, and I cannot wait for the third book in the trilogy to come out at the end of August. I would recommend then to anyone!! I finished up the month by reading The Short Second Life of Bree Tanner by Stephenie Meyer, which was interesting as a side story to the Twilight series, but I really didn't like as a stand-alone story.

3. Join some kind of musical group and perform with them.See yesterday's post for details. Concert upcoming in September. :)

4. Blog daily.
I'm actually kind of rethinking this goal. Eight months into this goal, I'm largely running out of things to say! Plus I don't get very many comments on my posts anymore, which indicates to me that y'all don't have time to keep up with reading either. But I have to admit it would be pretty fun to see "365" as my grand total of posts for the year, so we'll see. I'll have to think about this some more.

5. Get back down to (at least) my pre-pregnancy weight.Goal achieved several months ago. No more weight lost. Of course, none gained either.

6. Get involved in some kind of theatre group and help out with at least one production.
Still no progress here. Given my current level of busy-ness, combined with how busy I will be this fall this my grad classes (more on this later), I may just need to accept that this isn't going to happen for a while. We'll see.

7. Teach Bryn to read.The closer that the start of the school year gets, the more she wants to "study." She hasn't learned to read yet, but she does love to learn in general, so I'm happy to oblige. :)

8. Potty-train Shay.I might call this month a bit of a setback, although I'm sure Shay thinks she's making progress. By this I mean that Shay has started trying to change her own diaper. (insert ominous music here) Whenever she wakes up from her nap and finds that her diaper is dirty, she tries to strip it off and change herself, often with disastrous results, especially when the diaper holds #2. YUCK.

9. Frame our portraits.I framed our newest portrait; now just waiting for Ben to hang it.

10. Finish up some of my murals.
I posted pictures of the last ones I finished (the princess ones for Hannah). I've now started on a scene from Noah's ark for the kids' upstairs playroom.

11. Paint the kids' bathroom.
I actually did get around to taping one wall and painting some of the borders, only to second-guess myself and think that maybe I don't want to spend the time on this project when there's so much else to do. So it's currently sitting there partially done. Sigh.

12. Get Shay into her big girl room.Achieved in January.

13. Breastfeed Liam.He's still on 100% breastmilk through the pumping method.

1 comment:

jill neal said...

Hey Amy! I read all your blog postings--even though I don't respond very often. I enjoy reading about the kids. And I really, really enjoy that your postings are always gramatically correct :) You know the difference between you're/your, among other things, and that, along with your cute kids, makes your blog a delight to read!!