Pages

Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Nearly Wordless Rolls

This is Liam's latest trick.... every time I put him down on his play mat, he immediately rolls over, from back to belly (all while drooling madly, which I'm pretty sure means teething is imminent, but that's another story). Both of our girls were on the late side for rolling, but this still puts him a little over two months ahead of them both for this milestone. Yep, apparently it's true about boys developing faster physically....

Anyway, for today's captioning, any suggestions about what Liam is thinking as he rolls?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

At the risk of sounding like a feminist, I totally disagree with the idea that boys develop faster as babies. My family totally blows a hole in that theory since all the girls starting with my sister and I have been way ahead of our brothers in reaching all baby milestones. We walked by 10 months, my sister crawled out of her crib at 9 mos. Lindsay escaped from everything from a car seat to stroller to high chair really young. We were potty trained by 2 yrs, my neice's two daughters were totally potty trained at 18 mos and the boys were behind by several months in every activity [especially talking].

I believe that we are all a unique blend of our parents and we all have certain things that come quicker and easier to us. Sorry boys, the male gender isn't getting the credit for Liam's special feats, he is blessed with good athletic genes and he gets the credit for making good use of them:) Oh, I do need to mention that my brothers did have their own special skills that they learned easily and I will never master, like playing baseball, chewing tobacco, popping a squirrel with a shotgun, etc . . .

I believe Liam is thinking, "It is good to be me!" Love, Grandma D

Amy said...

Sounds like our story! Sadie started rolling over a couple of weeks ago, two solid months ahead of when Abigail did. Abigail didn't roll until six months, and was always content to just lie there. Sadie wants to MOVE! I'm realizing baby-proofing is going to be much harder when I look at all of big sister's stuff on the floor. Bah. Way to go, Liam!