Pages

Wednesday, May 05, 2010

Two Months Old

Today, the girls and I took Liam for his two month check-up. I was less than thrilled that it took almost two full hours for the appointment (the first 1 1/2 of which were in the waiting room), but the kids held up really well until the very end.

I was also really, really anxious about the appointment because it involved shots for Liam. I absolutely hate needles, and holding down one of my kids while someone uses a needle on them is absolute torture. This was further complicated by the fact that I could not get an appointment at a time that Ben could be off work, so that meant that I had both girls in tow. They are wary enough of the doctor without seeing their beloved baby brother get stuck with three needles. Thankfully, the wonderful nurses had pity on me and handled the entire shot situation while I took the girls out in the hall and distracted them with suckers. All they saw was Liam's cool Spiderman bandaids after the fact.

So at two months old (or rather, 2 months and 4 days, if you want to get technical), Liam weighs 12 pounds and 12 ounces. He is 23 3/4 inches long, and his head is 16 1/2 inches around. Interestingly enough, this puts him in the 75th percentile for each of those statistics. He is apparently a very proportionate child.

While we were at the office, I also did a weight check on the girls. Bryn weighed in at 39 pounds, and Shay was at 28. I don't know where that puts the girls percentile-wise, but they're all healthy and doing well, and that's plenty good for me!

Oh, and Liam is doing just fine with his shots so far. No negative effects. We've kept him on Tylenol today, which has made him rather sleepy, but he's been his usual happy self when he's been awake. Maybe we'll even get a good night of sleep out of the deal! :)

1 comment:

Amy said...

Sounds a lot like Sadie's checkup last week. Liam has about five ounces up on her...she was 12.7. Shots are no fun, but I think they are worse on the mama. And the Tylenol makes for a sleepy day, so it isn't ALL bad! :)