Pages

Monday, May 10, 2010

Quotables

A few of the recently memorable comments out of my girls:

Bryn: Mickey goes with Minnie. Donald goes with Daisy. But Mom, does Goofy have a girlfriend?
Me: No, I don't think he does.
Bryn: Why not?
Me: I don't know, sweetie.
(Bryn thinks for a moment)
Bryn: She must have died and gone to heaven.
(demonstrating her new obsession with "dying and going to heaven"..... thanks to Grammy Tina for bringing that one on by telling Bryn stories of her childhood dog)

******

Shay: Where my daddy go?
Me: He's at work.
Shay: Oh.... to get the moneys?
(yes, little girl, since we spend them all on you!)

******
(when trying to convince me to give her something she wants...)
Bryn: But I am sooooo sad! Look, there are tears in my eyes!(and sure enough, there are, every time she says this. Apparently my 4-year-old can cry on command if it means getting her own way.)
******

Shay: I love Baby Jesus. He my friend.
(I melt. But then, a few minutes later....)
Shay: I no let Baby Jesus take my cereal!
(apparently He was trying to swipe her breakfast.... sneaky Savior!)

2 comments:

SuperSillyAunt said...

Goofy does have a girlfriend...Clarabell the Cow. Interesting, no?

Cathy said...

Goofy and Clarabell have only gone on dates as I can see, they aren't living together like Donald and Daisy. ;) And that Sneaky Savior bit had Eric and I nearly snorting our breakfast out our noses.