Pages

Monday, May 03, 2010

Maybe It's The Weather

I'm contemplating the possibility that my migraines have become weather related. Prior to the last two big storms, I have developed migraines. I wrote about the last one already, and I got another one today. Thankfully, this one only took 1 dose of Tylenol, 1 dose of Advil, 2 doses of migraine pills, and about 6 hours to start to subside.

Unfortunately, it did somewhat detract from my enjoyment of today's outing, which was a trip to Fair Oaks Farm with Andrea, Cathy, and kids. Andrea and I piled all our kiddos into the van and drove up together, which provided us with basically 3 hours of talk time--which we easily filled and could have kept going! :) At the farm, all the kids played together, and we took a bus tour to learn more about the farm. Let me just say, I have far more sympathy for those cows during this period of pumping for Liam!! We also enjoyed gourmet grilled cheese, yogurt, and ice cream, and how can you go wrong with that? A very good day, although it probably would have been better without my headache.

3 comments:

Tina said...

I meant to comment on your last blog about your migraines. Weather is definitely one of my many triggers - the more humid, the worse they get. Have you thought about seeing a neurologist? That really is one of their specialty areas and can maybe offer some more options for you (although I'm sure you are limited because of breastfeeding). When I started seeing mine it was the first time I felt like I was really being taken care of. BTW, Imitrex and Relpax were effective for quite a while then began losing their effectiveness. Hope you can figure out something that helps!!

Fair Oaks Farms said...

Thanks for visiting FOF yesterday! Hopefully you can visit us again...and maybe the migraine will leave you alone and let you fully enjoy yourself :-)

Amy said...

I got a terrible migrane on Friday just before the storms. I had to take advil, excedrin, then frova. I know mine are usually triggered by my hormone levels dropping.