Pages

Monday, May 17, 2010

Blackberries

While riding in the car.....

Me: I'm not sure if I like my new phone. The keys are just so little! I have smaller hands than most people, but I keep hitting the wrong ones by mistake.

Ben: Yeah, but you didn't grow up in the generation where you've been texting for your whole life. Some 12 year old would have no problem with those keys.

Me: Seriously, what 12 year old has a Blackberry?!?!

Ben: You'd be surprised....

Me: Well, our kids won't. No Blackberries for our girls! Unless, of course, Blackberries are the only phones they make by the time our kids turn 12....

Bryn (from the backseat) (crying): But the girls love blackberries! We want blackberries!

Ben: What?!?!

Bryn: But, Daddy, they're yummy. Your girls want blackberries!

Me: Oh, the fruit.... Yes, Bryn, you can have that.

4 comments:

Amy said...

Oh, the age of innocence....I dread when technology enters Abigail's mindset. I would much rather have her eat blackberries. :)

Carrie said...

Cute! Just make sure they always think it's fruit. Brett already loves my blackberry (phone). The kiddo is going to be a tech geek, I'm convinced.

Andrea said...

Haha! Mean mommy wanted to keep her kids from eating blackberries. ;)

By the way, I told Rob recently that I think they should make a pink version called a strawberry or a blue version called a blueberry. Ha!

SuperSillyAunt said...

Ryan brought back an 8520 for me from Spain. It's already broken. I like this story though...to cute. I prefer the blackberry fruits myself over the pda's.