Pages

Thursday, April 08, 2010

Making Shay Happy

Today Shay woke up from her nap crying. As I was pumping at the time, I asked Bryn if she could "go make Shay happy" until I was done. We've been in this situation before, and it usually involves Bryn turning on a cd for Shay or "reading" her a book.

Not today!

When I walked into Shay's room mere 15 minutes later, I found that Bryn had appeased her with stuffed animals. Or, to be more specific, with every single stuffed animal that she owns. Seriously, I could hardly find Shay in the sea of toys.

I was able to witness the addition of the last two animals. It involved Bryn standing in Shay's closet and throwing the toys with all her might, banking them off the wall and into the crib. And both girls laughing hysterically.

After all the toys were in there, Bryn asked me to lift her into the crib so she could play too. I don't know how she even made the space to sit down, but both girls certainly had a fabulous time.

(That's Shay's head behind the stuffed dog. She refused to stop playing long enough to look at me.)
They also had a great time throwing all the toys out of the crib later. My time putting all the toys away was less than fabulous, but I'm willing to pay that price for Making Shay Happy!

2 comments:

SuperSillyAunt said...

That is incredibly cute!

Cathy said...

2 Points! Guess Bryn's been watching too much Butler Basketball?! (Though is there such a thing?)