Pages

Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Date Night

I really need to thank my wonderful sister Kristin, who spent tonight babysitting for us so that Ben and I could go on a date night. Our last date night was a little over two months ago, a couple of weeks before the birth of Liam. Both then and now, we did our date at Bonefish Grill, which is both incredibly yummy and really a place that's not all that easy to go with the kids in tow. Let me tell you, it felt really different to go tonight than it did two months ago. For starters, I'm 35-40 pounds lighter than I was then. And I'm not in constant pain now, which makes date night a lot more fun. And I can go more than 20 minutes at a time without having to go to the bathroom. :)

Date night was wonderful for many reasons: I got some time away from the kids. I got to eat a delicious dinner. I got to actually have a conversation with my husband.... more significantly, one that wasn't punctuated every 30 seconds by a child either interrupting or crying. And on the way home, I got a new phone.

Last week, one of the keys broke off my Blackberry Pearl. We stopped at the Verizon store on the way home tonight, in hopes of getting it repaired. We learned that we were all of 5 days past our one-year warranty period, so it would cost us $50 to repair it. (Meanwhile, if I'd taken it in the day that it broke, it probably would have been covered.... grrr.) So our choices were pay $50 to either repair it or get a new-to-me version of the same phone, or pay $50 and get a brand-new phone. So I am now the owner of a Blackberry Curve. I haven't used it yet, so I can't say how I like it, but new toys are always fun!

All in all, a really great night with my wonderful husband. Thanks to Kristin for making it possible!

No comments: