Pages

Sunday, March 28, 2010

Father of Invention

You know the saying, "Necessity is the mother of invention"? Well, in our house at least, it seems that the father is also rather inventive.

The other day, I asked Ben to watch Liam for me. While I was gone, Ben's thought process must have gone something like this: "Hmm, I really need to take a shower. Liam is asleep, but I want to make sure I hear him if he cries. Where should I put him? I know...."


Thus it was that I returned home to find the boy cub carefully swaddled in Ben's bathrobe and a Camp Tecumseh sweatshirt, fast asleep in a suitcase in our closet....

5 comments:

Suellen said...

Only a boy would do that! :)

Eric said...

Brilliant!

Andrea said...

My MIL would love this - she was always trying to get me to sleep the kids in drawers at her house for some reason. LOL

Amy said...

That is sooo cute and funny.

Joe said...

I'll admit that the drawers looked tempting to me a couple of times in a sleep-and-shower-deprived state. A suitcase? That's genius.