Pages

Friday, March 19, 2010

Brynie's Babies - Part 3

Several of you have asked recently about whether Bryn still believes that she has babies in her own belly. She had not mentioned them for several weeks, so I was hoping that she was over it, but was largely afraid to ask, for fear that my questioning might get her going again. She did display several telltale signs that she was over it though--she no longer sticks her belly out, she doesn't complain of not being able to do everyday tasks, and she doesn't bring up "Clark and Lois Lane" at every available opportunity.

So the other day, when she was sitting quietly with me when I was feeding Liam, I took the opportunity to ask her about. Our conversation went as follows:

Me: Sweetie, do you still think you that you are going to have two babies?
Bryn: Yes.
Me: Oh? When are you going to have them?
Bryn: Oh, in a few years.
Me (deep sigh of relief): That's good. We're busy with just baby Liam right now.
Bryn: But Mommy?
Me: Yes?
Bryn: I want you to have another baby soon.

Out of the frying pan and into the fire.....

No comments: