Pages

Saturday, February 20, 2010

Looking Back

Naturally, I've been doing some thinking lately about how the girls will react when Baby arrives. (I've also been doing something thinking about how strange it will be to have to say "the kids" instead of just "the girls," but that's another subject.)

Both of them are currently very anxious for him to arrive (so that makes at least 3 of us). Bryn, especially, doesn't understand why he isn't here yet. She was anxious for him way back in October. Back then, in an effort to give her a timeline, I told her, "First it's going to be your birthday. Then it's going to be Mommy's birthday, then Shay's. Then it will be Jesus's birthday, then Daddy's birthday, and THEN the baby will come." On the night of Daddy's birthday, as we went to bed, she asked me, "So is the baby coming tonight?" And she just couldn't understand why he wasn't. At least with an induction on the calendar, I can give her a count in days now--although, of course, I'm still hoping that the count is wrong and he'll show up sooner. :)

As for Shay, she is simply Baby Crazy. Ever since she has been able to walk, she has gone up to complete strangers in public and wanted to play with their babies. So far from being upset about losing her title as the youngest, she cannot wait for her baby brother to get here. A few weeks ago, when I went in to get her at the end of her nap, she was crying. When I asked her what was the matter, she said she was crying because she wanted her baby brother to hurry up and get here. You and me both, kiddo.

So obviously I don't know what it will be like to add a third child, and a boy at that, to our family, but I've got my fingers crossed that it will go as smoothly as it did with Bryn when Shaylee arrived. Here's one of our first pictures of Bryn checking out her new playmate, way back in November of 2007:


In about a week, I hope to be posting similar pictures, this time of Shay wearing the "I'm the Big Sister" shirt. C'mon, little guy, we're all waiting for you!!

1 comment:

SuperSillyAunt said...

You have such beautiful babies!