Pages

Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Baby Weight

Mostly because complete strangers have been eyeballing my stomach with fear in their eyes and saying things like, "Is there just one in there?" and "How big is this baby going to be?", I've been contemplating the likely size of my son. Here are pictures of both of my girls when they were first born:

Bryn Elizabeth weighed in at 7 lb 11 oz.

In spite of my OB's fears that my gigantic stomach indicated that the baby was getting "too big for me to handle," Shaylee Grace was all of one ounce heavier than her sister, totaling 7 lb 12 oz.

So I'm now entertaining guesses..... how much will this baby weigh? I'll attempt to come up with some kind of fabulous prize for whoever can guess the closest.

12 comments:

Corie said...

I am going with 8lbs, 2oz.
Hope you are feeling ok. He will be here soon. We missed you at ballet.

Ashley said...

I'm going to guess 7 lbs. 15 ounces. - Ashley :)

Suellen said...

An even 8.

Cathy said...

I'm going to guess he'll be smaller than the girls, boys always buck the system, so I'm going to go with 7 pounds, 7 ounces.

Andrea said...

I'm going with 7lbs 9oz. Boys tend to be a little larger but he is coming a week and a half earlier than the girls. By the way, I always forget how much hair your children have! Too cute!

katie said...

8lbs, 4 oz! boys are chunkers!

Kathy said...

7 lb 10 oz

Jill said...

7lb 8 ounces?!?

Carrie said...

I was gonna go with 8 lbs even, but since Suellen picked it, I'll go with 8 lbs. 6 oz.

Krysten said...

8 lbs, 1 oz. (That would still make him a whole pound lighter than Sadie!!!)

SuperSillyAunt said...

Regardless of what he weighs, he is going to be stinkin' cute! That said, my guess is 7lbs 13oz...let's keep up the trend here.

Anonymous said...

8 lbs. 5 oz. The prize for this contest is, of course, cuddling the bouncing baby boy:)
Grandma D