Pages

Friday, January 01, 2010

Welcome to 2010

As 2009 draws to a close, let's take a look at how I did with last year's resolutions. You can find them in full here. But here's a summary of my progress:

1. Get my thyroid under control.
Somewhat done. My endocrinologist (who I saw for the first time last January) is wonderful, and she has been monitoring my progress very tightly. Obviously, with pregnancy, my levels are subject to change, but overall, I'm feeling MUCH better than a year ago at this time.

2. Lose some weight.
I actually did achieve this during the first half of the year, but with this pregnancy, my weight has soared to new heights. I'm blaming the baby. :)

3. No miscarriages in 2009.
Thank God, this one was a full success.

4. Expand our family.
We did take all our initial foster parenting classes, but we did not complete our license, as we discovered that I was pregnant (hooray!). We'd still like to become foster parents at some point though. While our family has not officially expanded yet, that will be happening soon, in March of 2010. Again, hooray!

5. Blog.
I hit a dry spot in the middle of the year, and posting has been spotty at best over the last couple of months. I guess this one needs to go on the resolution list again. :)

6. Read.
Not bad, but not good either. I did really well over the summer, until that whole pregnancy thing came along to make me feel sick all the time. Always room for improvement here!

I haven't actually come up with resolutions for this year yet, although looking back over it, this seems like a pretty good list. We'll see what I come up with this afternoon as far as resolutions for 2010!

1 comment:

Ashley said...

Hooray especially for #3 and #4! - Ashley :)