Pages

Sunday, January 10, 2010

Sunday Song: Yours

We were listening to this song the other day, and Ben commented on how much he liked it. I really love it too, especially the last verse, which Steven Curtis Chapman added after the sudden death of his daughter.

You can find audio and video of this song here.

"Yours" by Steven Curtis Chapman

I walk the streets of London
I notice in the faces passing by
Something that makes me stop and listen
My heart grows heavy with the crime

Where is the hope of London
You whisper and my heart begins to soar
As I'm reminded
Every street in London is Yours

I walk the dirt roads of Uganda
I see the scars that war has left behind
Hope like the sun is fading
They're waiting for a cure no one can find

I hear children's voices singing
Of a God who heals and rescues and restores
And I am reminded
That every child in Africa is Yours

Refrain:
And it's all Yours, God
Yours, God
Everything is Yours
From the stars of the sky
To the depths of the ocean's roar
And it's all Yours, God
Yours, God
Everything is Yours
You're the Maker and Keeper, Father and Ruler of everything
It's all Yours

I walk the sidewalks of Nashville
Like Singapore, Manila, and Shanghai
Brush fire and beggar's hand
And the wealth of man
And I everywhere I look I realize

That just like the streets of London
For every man and woman, boy and girl
All of creation
This is our Father's world

Refrain

I walked the valley of death's shadow
So deep and dark that I can barely breathe
I had to let go of more than I can bear
And I've questioned everything I believe
Yet even here, in this great darkness
A comfort and a hope can bring you through
As I can say, in life or death,
God, we belong to You

Refrain

1 comment:

Kathleen said...

This song means a lot to me. I heard it on the radio not long after I had my miscarriage, and its message played a huge part in my getting through my grief. I hope it is/was a comfort to you too.