Pages

Saturday, January 30, 2010

One Up, One Down

This will be a short one, as I'm typing it on my BlackBerry. It's 8:00 on a Saturday night, and I've already been tucked into bed for a half hour. Bryn is fast asleep next to me and I am trying not to wake her.

Shay woke up fully recovered this morning, aside from a lingering cold, and has been terribly two all day, as if to really prove that she's back in full force.

Bryn actually slept for a while at naptime, which is an extremely rare occurrence these days. We thought this was a good thing, until she woke up vomiting. She's now thrown up 9 times in the last 4 hours. She also got explosively sick out the other end twice before passing out from sheer exhaustion. I think she's running a fever, as she's very hot to the touch but shivering like crazy, but I haven't been able to take her temperature yet.

So she's asleep in our bed and I'm tucked in next to her where I can keep an eye on her all night and grab the puke bucket when necessary. While exhausted from this pregnancy, I'm still not tired enough (or maybe I'm just too anxious about my sweet little sickies) to go to sleep yet, so I'm reading and playing with my phone while I hover over her. I'm thinking that it will be really bad if I catch this nasty bug this late in my pregnancy, but I've clearly already been plenty exposed, what with the girls wanting nothing but Mommy cuddles while they are sick, so what will be will be. At this point, I'm just hoping for a hasty recovery for Bryn and good health for Ben!

No comments: