Pages

Friday, January 15, 2010

Bryn's Imaginary Friend

I really can't believe that I haven't posted about this yet, so if I've already put it somewhere and forgotten about, chalk it up to pregnancy brain and forgive me. :)

About two months ago, Bryn developed her first imaginary friend. She knows that other people can't see him, so she calls him her "ghost friend." His name is David, and she says that he is a kid like her. He is with us most of the time, but sometimes he has to leave us for a while.

When I was trying to figure out how vividly she imagines him, I asked her what he looks like. She gave me this "duh" look and said, "He looks like a shepherd."

A shepherd? Huh? And then it dawned on me.... Bryn's imaginary friend is KING David. Like from the Bible.

I confirmed this with Bryn, who assured me that yes, her friend David would be a king when he grew up. Nice to have friends in high places. Bryn has even mentioned the possibility of her becoming David's queen.

When David is not with us sometimes, that's because he had to go take care of his sheep. After all, future kings can't shirk their responsibilities.

All in all, I'd say we're pretty pleased with the addition of David to our family. :)

1 comment:

Cathy said...

That girl is Determind to FIND a way to be a Princess!