Pages

Monday, December 14, 2009

What a Trip!

I've been remiss in my blogging (again) since returning from our family trip to Florida. My dad rented a house just outside Tampa and gave us a vacation as our Christmas present (last year--nothing like waiting for a good thing!), so during Thanksgiving week, Ben and I packed up the girls and all their supplies in his parents' van (which they very nicely let us borrow) and made the two-day sojourn to the Sunshine State. We were joined there by my dad, stepmom, stepsister, sister, and her boyfriend, all of whom flew (and therefore missed the delightful 30+ hours of Dora videos that we got to view on the trip there and back).

The house we stayed in was very nice, and Ben and the girls and I got the bottom floor (2 bedrooms, a bathroom, and a sitting room) all to ourselves, so we didn't bother the upstairs folk when Bryn got up ridiculously early in the mornings. We kept ourselves quite busy with lots of swimming (usually 2 times a day in the indoor pool), a trip to the beach, a visit to Ben's grandma and her husband in Bradenton, celebrating Shay's 2nd birthday, and a day trip to Orlando to meet Mickey. Below are pictures of a few of our trip highlights:

Bryn meets her favorite princess, Cinderella--soooo worth the 45 minutes in line!

Entering the Magic Kingdom--I actually have a picture just like this of my family visiting when I was about 6, and another from when I was about 14, as well as one of Ben and I when we went during our summer roadtrip the year that we were engaged.

Shay enjoyed digging on the beach, while Bryn's highlight was searching for crabs with Daddy and Grandpa.


One of our many swims in the delightfully warm indoor pool.


Happy 2nd birthday, my sweet Shay!

1 comment:

Kathy said...

looks fun! Wow Shay has changed a lot since I saw her! :)
You guys look great