Pages

Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Quotable Conversations

We've heard some pretty funny stuff around our house lately. Unfortunately, it seems that I usually play the role of straight man. Here are some examples:

The girls and I spent the day at Fair Oaks Farms and got to see a baby cow being born. I viewed this as a somewhat traumatic experience, as the baby cow got stuck and needed to be pulled out. Bryn, however, apparently found it humorous.
Bryn (to her teacher): I saw a mommy have her baby!
Teacher: Really?
Me: She means a cow. We went to the farm yesterday.
Bryn: And the baby got stuck!!
Teacher: Oh my!
Bryn (laughing): Her feet were sticking out of her mommy's bottom!!

*****

Shay's new favorite expression (repeated at least every 10 minutes): "Oh man!"

*****

While watching "Glee" online with me, Ben had a somewhat bemused, somewhat disgusted look on his face.
Me: You know, you don't have to watch this if you think it's so dumb.
Ben: No, it's fine. I recognize the show for what it is.
Me: And what would that be, exactly?
Ben: Made for you.

*****

After being asked to put on her shoes:
Bryn: You are making me crazy, Mom!

Yes, honey, and the feeling is mutual. :)

5 comments:

Krysten said...

I can't wait to see you! All of these "quotables" will make me smile even more in person! :)

Kathy said...

ha.

I love Glee. Def not for the boys though.

Eric said...

I am so disappointed in Ben! Glee is Awesome! Now all we need is a Marching Band spinoff...

Andrea said...

Ha! When I try to fix her hair, Hannah often tells me "stop it Mommy, you're making my hair crazy!"

AngieRenee said...

these are so so cute! haha i love it...