Pages

Thursday, June 11, 2009

Thursday Thirteen: Yay for Summer!

13 things that I love about it officially being summer:
1. no more grading!
2. no more 5:30 alarm clock (although this week has been 6:30 for VBX, it's still better)
3. naptime
4. greatly decresed stress level
5. fun evening outings with Ben and the girls
6. finding time to blog (and to read all of your blogs)
7. reading for fun (I've just started Eat, Pray, Love, and while I'm not loving it as much as everyone told me I would, I do love reading for pleasure)
8. eating meals at the table instead of in my car or at my desk
9. being able to sit down and play with my girls
10. making a teensy tiny dent in my huge "to do" list
11. sitting in the rocking chair on my front porch and watching the girls play in the yard
12. being able to stay up past 10:00
13. getting caught up with friends

3 comments:

Cathy said...

We've missed you too!

Elizabeth said...

I'd like to know what you thought about Eat Pray Love when you finish. It's on my "to read" list too!

Moonwatcher said...

Yeah, you have to let me know what you thought of the book. It's a small part of why I'm going to India for three months. WHAT? I know I owe you an e-mail! Just know that I'll be in heaven (or getting one reincarnation closer to it) at an ashram in India for my 30th birthday!