Pages

Sunday, June 07, 2009

Sunday Song: "Take My Hand"

As long as I'm getting back to regular blogging, I figured I should also get back to the daily posting schedule I set for myself. That makes today time for a "Sunday Song." While this is a bit of an oldie (I first heard it when I was in high school), I really found a lot of comfort in it over the last month. I remember listening to this song (on a cassette tape) during the early days of my freshman year of college as well, praying that God would comfort me and reassure me that I was where He wanted me to be. A good one for anyone struggling with their direction in life:

"Take My Hand" by The Kry
(linked to audio version on YouTube)

I know there are times
your dreams turn to dust
you wonder as you cry
why it has to hurt so much
give Me all your sadness
someday you will know the reason why
with a child-like heart
simply put your hopes in Me

take My hand and walk where I lead
keep your eyes on Me alone
don't you say why were the old days better
just because you're scared of the unknown
take My hand and walk

don't live in the past
'cause yesterday's gone
wishing memories would last
you're afraid to carry on
you don't know what's coming
but you know the one who holds tomorrow
I will be your guide
take you through the night
if you keep your eyes on Me

take My hand and walk where I lead
keep your eyes on me alone
don't you say why were the old days better
just because you're scared of the unknown
take my hand and walk where I lead
you will never be alone
faith is to be sure of what you hope for
and the evidence of things unseen
so take my hand and walk

just like a child
holding Daddy's hand
don't let go of Mine
you know you can't stand
on your own

so take My hand and walk where I lead
keep your eyes on Me alone
don't you say why were the old days better
just because you're scared of the unknown
take My hand and walk

1 comment:

Carrie said...

Wow. Okay, I just posted on the other blog before I read this one. I guess you feel the same way :).