Pages

Sunday, April 05, 2009

Sunday Song: "Enough"

I mentioned yesterday that we went to a Chris Tomlin concert last week. Chris is an amazing Christian artist, and I love basically every song he does. So I was already toying with the idea of having one of his songs be my first "Sunday Song," but I wasn't sure which one. Then we sang this one again at church last night, and it really seems to sum up a lot of things about my life lately.

I also mentioned yesterday that I had a doctor's appointment two Fridays ago. At that appointment, we learned that I am (yet again) not pregnant and will have to continue the seemingly endless process of much medication, blood draws, tests, constantly feeling sick, etc. We had been so, so hopeful that it would work out this month, and the news was very, very upsetting for us.

When Chris did this song at the concert on Friday night, I started crying. I wasn't ready then to talk about this with anybody, but I was thinking just how overwhelmed by life I felt, and how lately, I've been so fixated on wanting another baby and all the difficulties with being a working mom that I really haven't been feeling that God alone is "more than enough for me."

Being at home the last week has really helped me to put my priorities in perspective again. It was amazing how differently I felt singing this song at church last night than I did just a week ago hearing it at the concert. I know that I (and most Christians, I would assume) struggle with the idea of letting God be "enough" for them, rather than worrying about and striving for all the things of this world. So this song is my prayer this week, that I will continue to grow toward this place:


"Enough" by Chris Tomlin

All of You is more than enough for all of me
For every thirst and every need
You satisfy me with Your love
And all I have in You is more than enough

You are my supply
My breath of life
And still more awesome than I know
You are my reward
worth living for
And still more awesome than I know

All of You is more than enough for all of me
For every thirst and every need
You satisfy me with Your love
And all I have in You is more than enough

You’re my sacrifice
Of greatest price
And still more awesome than I know
You’re the coming King
You are everything
And still more awesome than I know

More than all I want
More than all I need
You are more than enough for me
More than all I know
More than all I can say
You are more than enough for me

1 comment:

Jenibug7 said...

this makes me think of when paul said he had learned to be content in all situations. so often we are discontent with what God has given us instead of being overwhelmed with the greatness of it.