Pages

Monday, April 06, 2009

Makes My Monday

A blog that I enjoy always posts accounts of what "Makes My Monday." I thought that as today was my first day back to work after spring break, it would do me some good to sit down and think about what was actually good about the day, rather than just bemoaning my back-to-work status. So here are the best things in my day (in order of occurrence):

1. special back-to-school breakfast of a frozen carmel and a chocolate-chip bagel with hazelnut cream cheese from Panera

2. listening to Chris Tomlin's "Love," performed with the Watoto Children's Choir ("Hello Love" cd, track 6)

3. when one of my Brit Lit students told me that just this semester, he has finally started reading for pleasure (the second kid to tell me that this year--I'd like to think it's my influence ;))

4. sitting on the couch with Bryn and Shay on my lap, cuddling and reading stories

5. watching Ben, Bryn, and Shay dance around the living room to the sound of Ben beatboxing

1 comment:

Ben said...

Keep your eyes peeled for my upcoming CD release... :)