Pages

Sunday, March 15, 2009

Uses of Time

This post is to give you all a brief update on how we at the MeyPfan household have been spending our time lately.

Amy: I have, in essence, been chained to my laptop, grading, and texts. I have spent what I consider to be an obscene amount of time on schoolwork lately. I seriously cannot wait for my spring break (2 weeks from now) and some "down time" to relax with Ben and the girls. I am feeling mildly better with the dizziness, but still not fully healthy. This gorgeous picture is compliments of my husband....
Shay: She has drunk many, many bottles. Although she is now a "big girl" and is fully capable of drinking out of cups, she still prefers her beloved bottle. In fact, she loves it so much that "bottle" is the only two-syllable word she knows. When she's crying and I ask her what she wants, she can even respond "bottle!" She has also developed quite the fondness for playing with all of Bryn's favorite toys.... a habit that does not sit so well with her sister.

Bryn: A girl after her father's own heart, she has developed quite the love for board games. Her favorite kids' game is Heigh-Ho Cheerio, which she refers to as "the apples." She doesn't understand the rules, but she delights greatly in putting all the little cherries/apples in their holes and sorting them. Her favorite overall game, though, is "Mommy's blocks game," which means Blokus. Her nursery school teacher told me that Bryn is the most linear thinker she has ever encountered in her 30+ years of teaching, and this is clearly evident in her love for Blokus. She delights in fitting all of the pieces onto the board, rearranging as much as necessary until they all fit (a feat that even Mommy and Daddy struggle with), then taking them all off and doing it again.

Ben: No good pictures for this one, but he's been keeping plenty busy with work as well. He has also had several major orders for Higher Ground Games as of late, which has kept up him for long hours in the basement. He did manage to have some fun last week, though, playing frisbee golf, running a demo at a gaming convention, and attending a concert by one of his favorite bands.

We hope all of you are doing well! More updates to follow....

3 comments:

Moonwatcher said...

I too loved the cherry game when I was a kid just because of the cherries (I don't think I ever played the actual game). There must be something really appealing about the little plastic shapes!
Loved the update on all the MeyPfans!

Melissa said...

The MeyPfans have been busy!

It sounds like you could benefit from throwing some rocks into the creek...

Hang in there, spring is just around the corner!

Anonymous said...

I had forgotten about those little cherries! And I have Blokus, however, I've only won it once. I should get that out again...

Jen Claudy