Pages

Saturday, March 07, 2009

Amy + Ben

Yes, I know this is just another survey, but it will have to tide you over until I've got time to write out a real post.  And for those of you who tell me that I'm spending too much time doing surveys, in my own defense, I filled all of them out in about an hour two weeks ago and have just been saving them back to post during dry spells since then... although, really, you're probably still right about an hour being too much spend on it. :)

This survey is supposed to be about me and my significant other....

♥ What are your middle names?
Me: Marilyn Meyaard. Him: Scott Pfanschmidt. We added each other’s last names as our middle names when we got married.

♥ How long have you been together?
Married 4 and a half years, together for eight and a half.

♥ How long did you know each other before you started dating?
We met and (I guess) saw each other regularly in marching band a year before, but we never actually spoke to each other until the day before our (questionable) first date.

♥ Who asked who out?
It seems that I asked him out, although I didn’t intend to. A group of friends and I were discussing going out that night, and he walked up and was being all friendly, so I assumed that he had become friends with some of my friends while I had been studying abroad the previous semester and included him in the invitation because he was standing there while we were making the plans. About five minutes later, I learned that none of the rest of them knew him either, and that he was apparently just this really friendly stranger that I had just agreed to give a ride to, and I was pretty freaked out.

♥ How old are each of you?
I’m 30, and he’s a baby of 28.

♥ Whose siblings do/ did you see the most?
My sister—she lives with us.

♥ Do you have any children together?
Bryn Elizabeth, age 3, and Shaylee Grace, age 1.

♥ What about pets?
Two dogs, Dagny and Tela

♥ Which situation is/was the hardest on you as a couple?
Fertility problems, primarily featuring three miscarriages.

♥ Did you go to the same school?
Yes, for two years. Go B.U.!

♥ Are you from the same home town?
Nope, not even the same state. I’m from Dunlap, Illinois, and he’s from Elkhart, Indiana.

♥ Who is smarter?
Depends on the subject, but I’d like to flatter myself and say we’re both pretty smart. ☺

♥ Who is more sensitive?
Me!

♥ Where do you eat out most as a couple?
Not really sure… maybe some variety of Mexican food?

♥ Where is the furthest you two have traveled together as a couple?
Ireland, during our “second honeymoon” during November of 2004 (we got married in June of 2004)

♥ Who has the craziest exes?
I’ve never met any of his exes, so I can’t really say.

♥ Who has the worse temper?
Me. I get mad far more often.

♥ Who does the cooking?
Both of us, but he does dinner more often, since I’m afraid of touching raw meat. ☺

♥ Who is more social?
Depends on the situation, but we’re both pretty social. I think he’s more outgoing than me though.

♥ Who is the neat-freak?
Definitely me. I’m trying to bring him over to my ways though. ☺

♥ Who is the more stubborn?
Uh, that would be me again.

♥ Who hogs the bed?
Our dogs. And Ben, after I get up, because he transfers over to my side to cuddle Dagny.

♥ Who wakes up earlier?
Me, because I have to be at work earlier. He goes to bed far later though, so it’s good that he can sleep in later too.

♥ Where was your first date?
We went to the Brew Pub in Broad Ripple with a group of friends (see the question about who asked who out).

♥ Who has the bigger family?
Me.

♥ Do you get flowers often?
I wouldn’t say “often,” but a few times a year.

♥ How do you spend the holidays?
Usually with family

♥ Who is more jealous?
I don’t think that either of us really is very jealous.

♥ How long did it take to get serious?
It took us three months of spending all our time together before we even admitted to ourselves that we were dating, largely because neither of us wanted anything serious at that time but realized that was where we were headed.

♥ Who eats more?
At dinner, usually him. But I eat three meals a day, whereas he only eats 1 or 2.

♥ Who does/ did the laundry?
Me usually, but he steps in when the washing machine gets dysfunctional.

♥ Who’s better with the computer?
Probably him. He’s an Excel guru and a pro of efficient internet surfing.

♥ Who drives when you are together?
Me, upon Bryn’s insistence

1 comment:

Ragfield said...

"friendly stranger", hilarious.