Pages

Wednesday, March 25, 2009

(Almost) 16 Months

Shay had a doctor's appointment last night. Really, it was supposed to be her 15 month shots, which means that Ben was on duty to take her. I absolutely hate shots, and I can barely handle them in myself, which means that I am WAY too much of a wussy to hold my darling little girls still while the big mean doctor (or nurse) sticks them with needles. Anyway, Ben's work this month has been kind of crazy, so he ended up having to reschedule twice before actually getting there--which wasn't a big deal, and I only mention by way of pointing out that while it was her 15 month appointment, she will actually be 16 months old in 2 days. So big!

Anyway, she is now officially up to 23 pounds (and 1 ounce!), which puts her in the 50th percentile. She is 31 1/2 inches long, which puts her in the 75th percentile. Looks like she's still on track for that tall and skinny thing.... Mommy is so jealous! It's definitely not for lack of eating though! Shay still eats way more than Bryn does, and often more than me or Ben. The other night she chowed down on empanadas (jalapenos and all) and had the biggest portion of all of us. Not to mention the endless bottles of milk that she chugs down. Little big girl!

3 comments:

Carrie said...

You know, I guess I knew Shay was a little older than Brett, but I didn't realize how close in age they really were! She's only 5 months older!

Andrea said...

I am massively impressed that your child eats jalapenos! I don't even touch those things! LOL

Krysten said...

Ok - almost 16 months and almost 7 months. Sadie only weighs 3 lbs less than Shay. WOW! My daughter - not on track to be tall and thin. Just tall and fat like her mommy! :) Crazy! We will have to get together soon and compare our children!

I am VERY jealous that you are on break already. My break isn't for a whole other week!