Pages

Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Second Born

1. WAS YOUR PREGNANCY PLANNED?
yes, in that we were desperately hoping to have another successful pregnancy

2. WERE YOU MARRIED AT THE TIME?
yes, for about two and a half years

3. WHAT WERE YOUR REACTIONS?
Please, please, please, don’t let anything go wrong.

4. WAS ABORTION AN OPTION FOR YOU?
Never!

5. HOW OLD WERE YOU?
28

6. HOW DID YOU FIND OUT YOU WERE PREGNANT?
I took a home test on the same morning that I was scheduled for my first appointment with a fertility doctor.

7. WHO DID YOU TELL FIRST?
Ben, then the doctor

8. DID YOU WANT TO FIND OUT THE SEX?
yes

9. DUE DATE?
November 25, 2007

10. DID YOU HAVE MORNING SICKNESS?
Only a couple of times, and that may have just been the flu

11. WHAT DID YOU CRAVE?
Nothing—so disappointing, because I always thought this would be the most fun part of pregnancy.

12. WHO/WHAT IRRITATED YOU THE MOST?
When a woman I hadn’t seen for a while said, “Wow! So when are you due—today or yesterday?” (three months before my due date)

13. WHAT WAS YOUR CHILD'S SEX?
girl

14. DID YOU WISH YOU HAD THE OPPOSITE SEX OF WHAT YOU WERE GETTING?
To a certain extent, yes, because we already had a girl. But I also thought it would be really cute to have two little girls 2 years apart to the month, which is what we got.

15. HOW MANY POUNDS DID YOU GAIN THROUGHOUT THE PREGNANCY?
Can’t remember, but less than during my first pregnancy. Of course, I was also heavier to start this one out.

16. DID YOU HAVE A BABY SHOWER?
No, but several friends gave us gifts individually

17. WAS IT A SURPRISE OR DID YOU KNOW?
n/a

18. DID YOU HAVE ANY COMPLICATIONS DURING YOUR PREGNANCY?
I had a lot of problems with my back, and I got PUPPPS again.

19. WHERE DID YOU GIVE BIRTH?
Clarian North in Carmel, Indiana

20. HOW MANY HOURS WERE YOU IN LABOR?
I had to be induced, but once they started the medicine, she arrived in less than four hours.

21. WHO DROVE YOU TO THE HOSPITAL?
Ben

22. WHO WATCHED YOU GIVE BIRTH?
Ben, Dr. Hardacre, and some nurses

23. WAS IT NATURAL OR C-SECTION?
natural

24. DID YOU TAKE MEDICINE TO EASE THE PAIN?
Kind of…. I had an epidural, but the delivery went so fast that it hadn’t yet kicked in by the time she arrived, resulting in a completely numb lower body for several hours afterwards

27. HOW MUCH DID YOUR CHILD WEIGH?
7 lbs 12 oz

28. WHEN WAS YOUR CHILD ACTUALLY BORN ?
November 27, 2007

30. WHAT DID YOU NAME HIM/HER?
Shaylee Grace Meyaard Pfanschmidt

31. HOW OLD IS YOUR FIRST BORN TODAY?
a little over 1 year.... will be 15 months this week

2 comments:

Cathy said...

I beg to differ on #11, you had a fairly serious Chipotle problem...one I was perfectly willing to help you with.

amypfan said...

Ah, see, I view "craving" as "something limited to pregnancy," which Chipolte was certainly not. I'm willing to eat that any time! But if YOU'RE craving it during your pregnancy, I could help you out in return. :)