Pages

Sunday, February 01, 2009

Resolution Check-Up

Since we are now officially one full month into 2009, I thought it would be an appropriate time to check in on how I'm doing on my resolutions. I'm also hoping that by posting updates here, I will shame myself into keeping on top of things. :)

1. Get my thyroid under control.
As you may have read here, I started a new medication last month, in addition to an adjusted dosage of my old medication. I do my official bloodwork in a little less than two weeks to make sure that all my levels are adjusting appropriately, but overall, I feel a a lot better. Yes, I am still tired some days, but then, I would imagine that most people who work full-time while raising two small children are. Before, it was like all I could think about was how tired I was. From the moment I got up in the morning, all I could think about was how soon I could go back to sleep. I was living for sleep. Now, I'm tired by bedtime, but I can function during the day. I'm absolutely thrilled about this--I imagine it's how a normal person feels. :)

2. Lose some weight.
It seems that the new medication is helping in this area as well, as my efforts are now actually paying off. My goal was to lose 6 pounds this month, and I succeeded. Very exciting!

3. No miscarriages in 2009.
So far, so good. Of course, there haven't been any pregnancies yet either!

4. Expand our family.
Ben and I are 3/5 of the way done with our foster parenting classes. As you may have read here, we also have the green light from the fertility doctor to go ahead and try for another baby. They are monitoring me very closely, so keep your fingers crossed for us.

5. Blog.
I was very proud of myself in this area for most of the month (and hopefully you were too!). Perhaps not surprisingly, though, my blogging slowed down when second semester began and I had to start teaching again. I'm working on it.

6. Read.
For school this month, I read Brave New World by Aldous Huxley. For pleasure, I read The Tales of Beedle the Bard by J.K. Rowling and Nineteen Minutes by Jodi Picoult. While doing my daily mile on the treadmill, I also knocked out about 15 of my piled up back issues of various magazines. Currently, I'm reading Romeo and Juliet for school and The Book Thief for pleasure.

Overall, I'm pretty proud of myself this month! I hope it's been a good one for all of you as well. :)

1 comment:

Moonwatcher said...

Yeah! Sounds like everything is going well. Kudos to you for taking everything day by day and getting it done! I'm sooooo thrilled you are feeling better!!