Pages

Tuesday, February 24, 2009

First Born

Let's see how much you remember!

1. WAS YOUR FIRST PREGNANCY PLANNED?
no, but very welcome

2. WERE YOU MARRIED AT THE TIME?
yes, for less than a year

3. WHAT WERE YOUR REACTIONS?
Huge excitement! And "how on earth am I going to keep this a secret from everyone for the next three days?" Ben was away at a church retreat. I got to see him for short moments while I was volunteering at the retreat, but we couldn't have a real conversation until it was over, and of course I didn't want to tell anyone else first.

4. WAS ABORTION AN OPTION FOR YOU?
Never!

5. HOW OLD WERE YOU?
26

6. HOW DID YOU FIND OUT YOU WERE PREGNANT?
home test

7. WHO DID YOU TELL FIRST?
Ben (three days later)

8. DID YOU WANT TO FIND OUT THE SEX?
yes--I believe that when the ultrasound tech asked us that question, my exact words were, "We're not leaving here until we know."

9. DUE DATE?
November 1, 2005

10. DID YOU HAVE MORNING SICKNESS?
Hugely yes—couldn’t even keep down water for the first three months.

11. WHAT DID YOU CRAVE?
Salt—which I couldn’t have because I was retaining too much water.

12. WHO/WHAT IRRITATED YOU THE MOST?
First nausea, then migraines, then people saying, “are you sure there’s only one in there?”

13. WHAT WAS YOUR FIRST CHILD'S SEX?
girl

14. DID YOU WISH YOU HAD THE OPPOSITE SEX OF WHAT YOU WERE GETTING?
Yes—we wanted a boy first, but then ended up being thrilled with our little girl

15. HOW MANY POUNDS DID YOU GAIN THROUGHOUT THE PREGNANCY?
Thankfully, I can’t remember.

16. DID YOU HAVE A BABY SHOWER?
Yes, several

17. WAS IT A SURPRISE OR DID YOU KNOW?
A few of each.

18. DID YOU HAVE ANY COMPLICATIONS DURING YOUR PREGNANCY?
I developed migraines for the first time in my life. Then I had to start physical therapy because my pelvis misaligned in three places. And then I developed a nasty and massively itchy rash, called PUPPPS.

19. WHERE DID YOU GIVE BIRTH?
St. Vincent in Carmel, Indiana

20. HOW MANY HOURS WERE YOU IN LABOR?
I had to be induced. I checked into the hospital around 6:00 the night before to start meds, then they started the induction medicine around 6:00 the morning of, and she was born at 4:39 pm

21. WHO DROVE YOU TO THE HOSPITAL?
Ben

22. WHO WATCHED YOU GIVE BIRTH?
Ben, Dr. Pease, and some nurses

23. WAS IT NATURAL OR C-SECTION?
natural

24. DID YOU TAKE MEDICINE TO EASE THE PAIN?
Yes, even though I was scared to death of having an epidural

27. HOW MUCH DID YOUR CHILD WEIGH?
7 lbs 11 oz

28. WHEN WAS YOUR CHILD ACTUALLY BORN ?
November 3, 2005

30. WHAT DID YOU NAME HIM/HER?
Bryn Elizabeth Meyaard Pfanschmidt

31. HOW OLD IS YOUR FIRST BORN TODAY?
three years old

2 comments:

SlyGly said...

I am fascinated by these posts, this one and the one after it. I didn't know that a pelvis could get misaligned in the process of pregnancy....wasn't that horribly painful?? Or was it misaligned to start with?

amypfan said...

Definitely not misaligned before, although it was after... and yes, major owie.