Pages

Sunday, February 22, 2009

Amy 101

1. Do you sleep with your closet doors open or closed?
Open—we hardly ever close it

2. Do you take the shampoos and conditioner bottles from hotel?
Who doesn’t?

3. Do you sleep with your sheets tucked in or out?
Ideally, tucked in. But sometimes I get too hot and have to stick my feet out.

4. Have you ever stolen a street sign before?
No, but it’s not for lack of trying…. Nikki and I once spent many hours trying to find one that we wanted of an appropriate height.

5. Do you like to use post-it notes?
Yes, especially at work.

6. Do you cut out coupons but then never use them?
I used to cut them out and actually use them. But now we don’t get the paper anymore, so no.

7. Would you rather be attacked by a big bear or a swarm of a bees?
I’d rather not be attacked at all, thanks.

8. Do you have freckles?
No, but plenty of moles.

9. Do you always smile for pictures?
If I know that someone is taking it, yes…. But Ben has an unfortunate habit of liking to take candids.

10. What is your biggest pet peeve?
Laziness and apathy, especially when coupled with bad excuses.

11. Do you ever count your steps when you walk?
Every now and then.

12. Have you ever peed in the woods?
Yes. More times that I would like to admit.

13. What about pooped in the woods?
No, I’m not that talented.

14. Do you ever dance even if there’s no music playing?
If I’m singing, yes. But then Bryn tells me to stop.

15. Do you chew your pens and pencils?
No, that’s icky.

16. How many people have you slept with this week?
Two, if we’re talking actually slept. Bryn slept in our bed last night.

17. What size is your bed?
King, and the most comfortable thing in the world.

18. What is your Song of the week?
“Praying for Daylight” by Rascal Flatts…. It’s the first track on the cd that has been in my car this week.

19. Is it okay for guys to wear pink?
In theory, yes, but most can’t pull it off.

20. Do you still watch cartoons?
I live with Bryn and Shay…. Of course.

21. What’s your least favorite movie?
Four Rooms

22. Where would you bury hidden treasure if you had some?
I probably wouldn’t bury it. I’d do something boring like invest it.

23. What do you drink with dinner?
Water or skim milk

24. What do you dip a chicken nugget in?
Ranch dressing, or honey mustard, or buffalo sauce

25. What is your favorite food?
Pizza—it has all the food groups! ☺

26. What movies could you watch over and over and still love?
I’m a little ashamed to admit this, but lately, the answer has been High School Musical 3….. I blame Bryn!

27. Last person you kissed/kissed you?
Either Ben or Bryn

28. Were you ever a boy/girl scout?
Brownie, then Girl Scout, all the way up until junior high

29. Would you ever strip or pose nude in a magazine?
Definitely no. Heck, I’m shy about wearing a bathing suit in public.

30. When was the last time you wrote a letter to someone on paper?
If greeting cards count, last week. An actual letter? I’m not sure.

31. Can you change the oil on a car?
Never tried.

32. Ever gotten a speeding ticket?
Yes, one, when I was driving back to Peoria after a visit with Damon and Tony in Bloomington at the end of our freshmen year of college.

33. Ran out of gas?
No, but I’ve cut it way too close many times.

34. Favorite kind of sandwich?
Currently, asiago roast beef from Panera. It changes though.

35. Best thing to eat for breakfast?
Frozen Carmels from Panera (although that’s more drink that eat). Last week I also discovered that the bacon, egg, and cheese sandwiches from Panera are amazingly good… Wisconsin white cheddar, mmm…..

36. What is your usual bedtime?
9:30. Don’t judge; I get up early.

37. Are you lazy?
Usually, no, I’m really motivated. But every now and then I just crash.

38. When you were a kid, what did you dress up as for Halloween?
I think my first costume was either a bunny or an angel. The ones I remember best were witch and hippie.

39. What is your Chinese astrological sign?
No idea.

40. How many languages can you speak?
Just English, although I did take 5 years of Spanish in school and remember a small smattering of it.

41. Do you have any magazine subscriptions?
Yes, all parenting magazines.

42. Which are better legos or Lincoln logs?
Both so fun, how can I choose?

43. Are you stubborn?
Yes, very.

44. Who is better...Leno or Letterman?
I don’t watch either.

45. Ever watch soap operas?
Not for a long time. But yes, during summers in high school, Melissa and Jolyne and I would watch “Days of Our Lives.” I also watched it with Bethany in college, and with Mimi, Bridget, and an unwilling Chad during summer vacations in Michigan.

46. Afraid of heights?
Yes, in that they make me nervous, but it has never stopped me from doing anything.

47. Sing in the car?
Often.

48. Dance in the shower?
Once in a blue moon.

49. Dance in the car?
To entertain my children when they get fussy. They think I’m hilarious.

50. Ever used a gun?
During riflery clinic at Camp Tecumseh.

51. Last time you got a portrait taken by a photographer?
We get a family portrait taken once a year to celebrate our anniversary, so last June.

52. Do you think musicals are cheesy?
Sometimes, yes, but I love them anyway.

53. Is Christmas stressful?
Definitely yes.

54. Ever eat a pierogi?
Since I don’t even know what this is, I’m going with no.

55. Favorite type of fruit pie?
Apple seems to be the most common in our house, but I really like blueberry or cherry.

56. Occupations you wanted to be when you were a kid?
Teacher, journalist, professional author.

57. Do you believe in ghosts?
Not in a haunting sense.

58. Ever have a Déjà-vu feeling?
Yes

59. Take a vitamin daily?
Not right now, but the habit comes and goes

60. Wear slippers?
No, mine are too small for my feet.

61. Wear a bath robe?
Only when I need to leave my room to change over the laundry in the morning.

62. What do you wear to bed?
t-shirt and shorts or pajama pants

63. First concert?
Amy Grant, with a group from my church

64. Wal-Mart, Target or Kmart?
Target is my favorite, but since my town doesn’t have one, Walmart is usually more convenient.

65. Nike or Adidas?
Makes no difference to me.

66. Cheetos Or Fritos?
Cheetos all the way. They’re delicious (especially the new jalepeno ones), and Fritos are disgusting.

67. Peanuts or Sunflower seeds?
Both! I only like peanuts in the shell though.

68. Ever hear of the group Tress Bien?
Uh, no.

70. Ever take dance lessons?
Of many varieties—tap, ballet, jazz, and ballroom.

71. Is there a profession you picture your future spouse doing?
My current spouse is a financial analyst, but has aspirations of owning a game store.

72. Can you curl your tongue?
Yes

73. Ever won a spelling bee?
No, I stupidly misspelled “potato” in front of the whole school.

74. Have you ever cried because you were so happy?
After having Bryn and Shay, yes.

75. Own any record albums?
A few of my parents’ old ones are in a box in our basement.

76. Own a record player?
Did until it broke.

77. Regularly burn incense?
Nope.

78. Ever been in love?
Yes

79. Who would you like to see in concert?
Chris Tomlin, which I’m doing with Dad, Diane, Ben, and Kristin next month.

80. What was the last concert you saw?
About two seconds of Phil Vassar at the Country Music Expo.

81. Hot tea or cold tea?
Don’t drink it very often, but when I do, it needs to be hot.

82. Tea or coffee?
I don’t really like either, but I can handle the tiny bit of coffee taste (and the nice caffeine kick) in Frozen Carmels

83. Sugar or snickerdoodles?
How about chocolate chip?

84. Can you swim well?
Not as good as I used to be.

85. Can you hold your breath without holding your nose?
Yes, why wouldn’t I be able to?

86. Are you patient?
Only when forced to be

87. DJ or band, at a wedding?
Neither, we made our own mix of songs and played that cd.

88. Ever won a contest?
Yes, my name was drawn to keep the quilt that my fifth grade class made.

89. Ever have plastic surgery?
Nope

90. Which are better black or green olives?
Black, and kalamata are the best.

91. Can you knit or crochet?
Love to knit; hoping to learn to crochet.

92. Best room for a fireplace?
Our house doesn’t have one, but I guess family room.

93. Do you want to get married?
Already am.

94. If married, how long have you been married?
Four and a half years.

95. Who was your HS crush?
No one that I actually ended up dating.

96. Do you cry and throw a fit until you get your own way?
Not intentionally.

97. Do you have kids?
Two beautiful little girls.

98. Do you want kids?
Yes, and my lack of having more is the greatest frustration of my life.

99. What’s your favorite color?
Always blue, sometimes yellow.

100. Do you miss anyone right now?
Not excessively, but there are plenty of people that I’d like to see.

101. Did you watch, Next Great American Band on FOX?
I’ve never heard of this…. Probably because I don’t ever watch tv.

No comments: