Pages

Sunday, January 11, 2009

The Sunday Funnies

My friend Andrea often posts a "Friday Funny" on her blog, so I thought I'd start with some Sunday Funnies, named in honor of everyone's favorite newspaper cartoons. This week's featured comedian is Bryn....

Bryn seems to think that everyone has two names. She has always called her sister "Baby Shay," and now she occasionally calls her "Shaylee Grace!" when she is doing something that Bryn doesn't like. She calls my sister Kristin, who lives with us, "Aunt Tistin," and we also have "Aunt Jill," "Unca Brian," and "Aunt Linny," and are working on the concept of "Unca Jim" (Jill's fiance). A few months back, we taught her our first names, so that she could tell someone who she was looking for if she ever got lost. As a result, she no longer calls us "Mommy" and "Daddy." We answer to the names of "Mommy Amy" and "Daddy Ben."

Our friends' Alicia and Suellen's little girl Parker now comes over to our house to be babysat during the. Our new babysitter is Lauren, Suellen's sister-in-law. This was the first week, and on Monday, when Lauren started to burp Parker (who is 3 months old), Bryn shouted in horror, "Miss Lauren! You no hit Baby Parker!"

At the tender age of 3, Bryn has already started with the guilt trips. Whenever we tell her something that she doesn't like, she dramatically throws herself onto the couch, floor, etc., and sobs "You make-a me sad!"

Whenever Bryn is doing something that she shouldn't, I'll tell her no, and she'll stop. But as soon as I turn by back, she will sometimes start again. When I catch her again, I'll say sternly, "Brynie, Mommy said no." To which she passionately replies, "But I said yes!"

Have a good week, everyone!

2 comments:

Andrea said...

Very cute! I am especially a fan of the one where she told her sitter not to hit the baby. LOL

AngieRenee said...

We answer to the names of "Mommy Amy" and "Daddy Ben."

hahaha!! sooo funny. smart girl! lol