Pages

Friday, January 09, 2009

Steppin' Out

She did it! Last night, Shay took her first steps! She was standing next to her play table, and she turned to look at me. She got this huge grin on her face, and she took three tiny little steps toward me. Then she started wobbling, and I help my breath. She steadied herself and took two more steps, then kind of toppled over. I rewarded her with a huge smile, hugs, and applause. I am SO excited that she did it, and even more excited that I was here to see it. She was so close for all of Christmas break, but she never quite did it, so I was despondantly sure that she would do it for our new (and wonderful) babysitter Lauren before she did it for me. But no, my good little girl saved it for me in the evening! Way to go, Shay! Such a big girl!

5 comments:

Carrie said...

How exciting! Go Shay!

Big Sis said...

That's awesome! I'm so glad you got to be there for it!

Andrea said...

Yay baby Shay!!! What a big girl!

Cathy said...

She is such a big girl! Walking before Bryn even!

Krysten said...

Yeah! I, too, am obviously worried that I'm going to miss some big steps. Sadie is SOOOOO close to rolling over on her own, but she hasn't quite made it yet. Hopefully she'll be as kind to me as Shay was to you and I'll get to see it when the big day arrives!