Pages

Saturday, January 10, 2009

The Official Okay

It's a week of big happenings here at the MeyPfan house. Yesterday I received a call from the nurse of the wonderful Dr C (my fertility doctor). Because things are looking so much better with my thyroid (and should continue to improve), Dr C has given us "the official okay" to go ahead and try to get pregnant again! This will involve tracking my ovulation and getting many supplements of progesterone, both via shot and via medication, in order to lessen my risk of yet another miscarriage. Now, of course, this situation comes with challenges of its own, and there is no guarantee that I will get pregnant anytime soon, but it is SUCH a relief to get this "official okay." While my thyroid is still not perfect (and I am learning to accept that it never will be), it is such a huge blessing to hear that I am doing well enough that the doctor thinks I can proceed like a normal person. Please continue your prayers for our family!

7 comments:

Ragfield said...

What, no pictures for this post? Just kidding. This sounds like good news!

Melissa said...

Such great news!! Congratulations and all the best!

Andrea said...

Yay! If you need any helping charting or anything, I became quite good at it (and even have a few tricks up my sleeve for ways to increase your chances each month if you're interested - one worked for us).

Prayers and much love as always for you guys!

Cathy said...

So nice to have good news on your health front, at last!

Krysten said...

Yeah! Keeping our fingers and toes crossed for you!

Maria said...

YEAH! I am so haappy for you.

AngieRenee said...

PRAISE GOD!! :)