Pages

Tuesday, January 13, 2009

I am up to a list of 21 dear friends who like to read my blog. I feel popular. :) However, I also see that my blog was opened 100 times since my first post yesterday! Now, I realize that a lot of those are me checking back to see who has left me comments :), but thanks to the wonders of StatCounter, I know that I had 52 "returning visitors" yesterday. It also tells me that that I had 28 "first time" visitors, but that can't possibly be right... can it???

StatCounter also tells me that I had visitors yesterday from both Germany and Malaysia--yet I don't know anyone in those countries (or at least I think I don't). I must be attracting quite the fan base. :) Other unidentified people have come from:
  • Muncie, Indiana
  • Phoenix, Arizona
  • Rensselear, Indiana
  • Carmel, Indiana
  • Reston, Virginia
  • Avon, Indiana
  • Portland, Oregon
  • Greenwood, Indiana
  • Greencastle, Indiana
  • Greensboro, North Carolina
  • St. Louis, Missouri
  • Birmingham, Alabama
  • Pekin, Illinois
  • Mechanicsville, Virginia
  • Elkhart, Indiana
  • Evansville, Indiana
  • Tucson, Arizona
  • Lebanon, Indiana
  • Peoria, Illinois
  • Elgin, Illinois
  • Clarksville, Tennessee
  • and many, many others. And that was all just yesterday! Nor does it count all of you "professional lurkers" who read blogs via Google Reader (like I do) or some other device that does't show up on StatCounter.
So while StatCounter can tell me where people came from, it can't tell me who you are, which is of course what I actually want to know. :) So please leave me a note to say hi. To make commenting a bit easier for you, I'll even post some questions this week that you can respond to--an audience poll of sorts. I just need to get some real work done first!! :)

(Side note--for those of you who are curious about Stat Counter, I recommend it as far as collecting info goes. It has some very neat features, although it doesn't always give you all the information you want. Google Analytics has many of the same features.)

3 comments:

Jill said...

I read often, but comment rarely.. I'll try to fix this! :)

Anonymous said...

You really should know who is reading in Elkhart, but just for the record, I'm Ben's mom and "nana" to the girls and I check every day what's happening in your lives.

Love ya!

Helen

Anonymous said...

Hi Amy,
I love to read about you and your girls and look at the pictures. I am a very bad commenter though. I will try to do better!
One of your friendly blogstalkers in Michigan....

Kate