Pages

Thursday, January 08, 2009

13 Texts I'll Be Reading This Year

It's true, I did resolve to read more in the new year.  I meant for pleasure, but here are 13 texts that I'll be reading whether I like it or not, as they are on my curriculum for either Language and Literature (freshmen), AP English Literature and Composition, or British Literature.  I have actually not ever read many of these works, so at least I'll be reading some new material!

1. Brave New World by Aldous Huxley
2. 1984 by George Orwell
3. King Lear by William Shakespeare
4. Beloved by Toni Morrison
5. Heart of Darkness by Joseph Conrad
6. Frankenstein by Mary Shelley
7. Romeo and Juliet by William Shakespeare
8. Of Mice and Men by John Steinbeck
9. Come Back to Afghanistan by Said Hyder Akbar
10. A Passage to India by E.M. Forster
11. The Importance of Being Earnest by Oscar Wilde
12. assorted poetry
13. AP practice tests

1 comment:

ohmadlibs said...

1) you are amazing. like. UHMAZING. and I need to call you ASAP. Your schedule tomorrow? after dinner? I'm busy 'til 3 pm. :(
2) Brave New World was one of the only books in HS English I actually read in its entirety. I loved it. (Don't tell my AP English teacher, please.)
3) I miss you. Like. The. Dickens.