Pages

Friday, October 10, 2008

Friday Fill-Ins #16

1. One of the best concerts/plays/movies I ever saw that I really didn't think I'd like was Buffy the Vampire Slayer. Please note that I'm referring to the television series here, as the movie is truly awful. But I made fun of Derek for years for watching the show, but I got hooked on it myself shortly after Bryn was born. We now own all 7 seasons on DVD, plus all 5 seasons of Angel, and we have passed on the joy of Josh Whedon's wittiness to many friends.

2. Enchiladas, most recently chicken ones with salsa verde, is a recipe I recently made (or meal I recently ordered) that was delicious!

3. It's time for excessive grading--reports are due on Monday.

4. Napping while sun comes through the window is quite refreshing.

5. If I never hear the word "miscarriage" again, it'll be too soon.

6. To one side of the curving road was a cornfield, and on the other was a cow (I'm thinking here of my drive to school every day).

7. And as for the weekend, tonight I'm looking forward to cuddling in bed with Bryn while reading her a bedtimes story, tomorrow my plans include taking the girls to an apple orchard, and Sunday, I want to finish my grading and reports in time to go to bed at a reasonable hour!

1 comment:

Cathy said...

Your sides of the street with corn and cow remind me of a game we used to play when I was little, we'd call out the crop as we drove past. Lots of corn, bean, bean, corn!