Gone are the days when I was a stay-at-home mom and slept in until 8:00 every day. Now that I'm back at work, I struggle to fit everything that I used to do in a day into the few hours that I spend at home. In the evenings, I want to play with the girls and visit with Ben and Kristin, not do chores. Plus I have grading and lesson plans to do every night. Therefore, many things don't get done at night when they're supposed to, and I end up doing them in the morning (often resulting in me eating breakfast in the car) because I am so distressed to find them undone when I come downstairs in the morning. So here's what my morning looked like today:
1. Got up; showered; got ready for work.
2. Did a load of laundry.
3. Sorted through all of Bryn's old 9-12 month long-sleeved clothes and arranged the appropriate ones into Shay's closet and drawers (all while Shay was sleeping).
4. Unloaded the dishwasher.
5. Reloaded the dishwasher with random dirty dishes that were lying around downstairs.
6. Cleaned up all the toys, puzzle pieces, newspapers, etc. that were lying on the living room floor.
7. Scrubbed down the kitchen counters to remove the random stickiness that has built up over the past few days, then did the same to the kitchen table.
8. Collected recycling from various locations around the house and took it out to the bin.
9. Emptied the Diaper Genie and took the (smelly) contents to the outdoors trash.
10. Emptied the kitchen trash, took it out, and replaced the bag.
11. Dug through boxes in the basement to find old English-major textbooks and anthologies to bring to school with me.
12. Loaded up all our cardboard recycling (2 large boxes) into my car, so that I can swing by a recycling center and drop it off on the way home.
13. Got in the car and departed for school.