Pages

Tuesday, September 02, 2008

Brynie Big Girl

My Brynie is officially a big girl. Today was her first day of preschool. She's attending nursery school at a nearby church, which we heard about from Cathy and Eric. Actually, Eric attended this same preschool when he was a kid, and their nieces attend there now, so it comes highly recommended. :) It's not too intense--2 hours a day, 2 days a week. Bryn will probably go there for three years, since the program is acually for 3 and 4 year olds, but we snuck her in as a 2 year old. Chris (who is almost 2 months younger than Bryn) also started this year, so they're definitely the babies of the class. We're not super-competitive parents that want Bryn to learn multiplication early or anything; largely we just want her in the class so she can work on her social skills. Most of the time, she isn't very interested in playing with other kids, and she's absolutely terrible at sharing.... usually when another kid wants to play with her, she throws herself on top of her toys and screams "mines!" So clearly she needs a little work in that area.


I took a half day from work today so that I could take her to her first day of school--I definitely wasn't going to miss that! She had a really good time and didn't want to leave at the end. Here are some pictures of my big girl on her first day of school....
ready to leave for school:
hard at work on a puzzle with one of her teachers:

"Brynie build tower!" The teachers were also impressed that she sorted by color all on her own:
On a side note, now that it's officially September, I'm going to attempt to turn over a new leaf and get back to blogging with more regularly. Perhaps even more importantly, I also hoping to eventually get caught up on reading all of your blogs (which I haven't done for at least a week and a half) in an effort to find out what's going on with all of you!

8 comments:

Cathy said...

Can you believe our kids are so big, they're starting school?!

Fox and Dawg said...

Quite the big girl now :)
-Gwyn

Big sis said...

The picture of you and Bryn by the front door is precious. My mom always took a picture of me and my brother at the door for every first day of school. I even had college roommates take pictures of me on my first days of school in college. Then I had Melissa take one of me on my first day of teaching.

Andrea said...

Awww I'm so glad she liked her class - I know you were a little worried but it looks like it was all for nothing! Cute pictures too. I like the one of you and Bryn standing in front of the door. :)

Krysten said...

Wow - what a big day at your house! It's hard to imagine that I could be doing the same thing in 2-3 years!

Thank you for the phone call earlier. It really did make me feel a lot better. Clearly, I'm still not sleeping right now, but that likely would have been the case induction today or not.

Bryn looks like she had a great time and what a perfect "back-to-school" outfit! Yeah! :)

Millers said...

Is she going to St. Andrew's in Speedway? Can you believe how time flies. Both Kylee and Ian gone everyday is very wierd to us. Today at 2 o'clock Cory and I both fell asleep on the couch. I think that hasn't happened in at least 8 years (Ian is 8 :)

Kathy said...

aw! I'm glad you didn't have to miss this special day! She is getting really grown up.

AngieRenee said...

Amy- you look beautiful in that picture of you and bryn by the front dorr!!