Pages

Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Aunt Tistin

Bryn and Shay absolutely love having "Aunt Tistin" (this would be Brynese for Kristin) living here with us. Bryn especially wants to be with Kristin all the time, even when Mommy and Daddy are home. This may be because Aunt Kristin roughhouses with her all the time (thus why she now has a huge rugburn on her forehead) and lets her do all kinds of fun things that parents would not normally permit (thus why I had to pick dried pasta off my wall last week). Kristin is such an awesome babysitter and is so patient with the girls. Aunt Kristin's room is also now the preferred play location, as it has all kinds of neat things to "play" with, like mascara, high-heeled shoes, and a laptop computer. This picture really sums it all up--after a long day of babysitting, Kristin was attempting to unwind by watching tv and checking her email. Bryn still wanted to be with her though, and decided to use her auntie as a pillow while watching tv. Such cute girls!!

3 comments:

Kathy said...

aww that's so cute!

Anonymous said...

This might sound strange, but they both look so grown up! I remember when your sister was a little kid!!! Definitely a cute picture! Did you get my email? - Ashley :)

Ginny said...

Okay, I admit, I first noticed your blog last summer when Caroline mentioned it, along with mine, in a post. I was reintroduced after I noticed the link on her new blog, Good Morning Astoria. I hope I don't seem like too much of a stalker, feel free to take a peak at my blog, virginiawildberry.blogspot.com.

The real reason(s) I'm writing... I want to know where you get your Friday fill ins, not just for me, but possibly for my students. I teach sophomore literature and composition in Springfield, Oregon, and my students also use blogs as a way of sharing their writing, engaging in discussions, etc. To that end, if you'd ever like to collaborate with some type of blog writing project, I know my students would love the opportunity to get to know students from my home state of Indiana.

Sorry for the long winded message! Your daughters are beautiful, and I, for one, am impressed that you are doing such a terrific job balancing the joys of motherhood and being a wife with the challenges of teaching young people.

:) Ginny