Pages

Monday, July 07, 2008

Home Again (Again)

The girls and I rolled in safely from Peoria this afternoon. To my most fervent blog stalkers, I apologize for my lack of posts this past week; my mom doesn't have internet access at her house, so both blogging and emailing were out. More will follow as I get unpacked and rested up (as those of you who read regularly are aware of how well my children sleep when we are away from home!), but here's a quick summary. Since I didn't post last Thursday, I'll do it a la Thursday Thirteen style.

13 Things That Made My Trip to Peoria a Good One
(mostly listed in the order in which they occurred)

1. Seeing Bryn kick balls around the backyard with Diane, trim the bushes with Dad, do puzzles with Kristin, and play with Lindsay, all while Shay rolled around the floor and impressed everybody with her cuteness.

2. Going to the pool with Mom and Kristin. Shay drew the attention of many admirers, and Bryn had a great time playing in the baby pool.

3. Going over to Jarrod and Trisha's for a visit and seeing Bryn and Jay play together (mostly with Thomas the Train and Lightning McQueen cars--a lovely change from our usual princess paraphernalia).

4. Fourth of July / birthday cookout with Mom and Bill. Particularly the part where Bryn and Bill stood at the edge of Mom's hot tub and splashed each other while Bryn let out peals of gorgeous laughter.

5. Watching the DVD (newly converted from VHS) of my grandparents' 70th surprise birthday party (which took place in 1990) with Mom and rehashing some great family memories

6. Taking a walk through my old neighborhood with Mom and the girls, culminating in a visit with my aunt Jean (and her parakeet, who Bryn loved).

7. Church at Northwoods, including a sermon that got me thinking.

8. Daddy / daughter date night while Diane babysat the girls.

9. Visiting grandpa Parky at the nursing home and letting him see the girls.

10. Avanti's, Panera, Ponte Vecchio, Old Chicago, and Olive Garden

11. Getting to see Bob and Tom for the first time in four years (since my wedding). Meeting Bob's wife Stacie. Staying up until midnight (1:00 my time) getting caught up with them at Steak 'n' Shake while my girls slept peacefully at my mom's house.

12. Lunch with Melissa in Champaign on the way home. Hearing Bryn call her "Lissa" (like we all used to when we were in grade school). Having a chance to get caught up face-to-face.

13. Laughing, talking, staying up late, getting caught up with old friends, reminiscing about good times, planning future fun, and remembering what it feels like to be young.

6 comments:

Suellen said...

I believe that you left out the fun you and Bryn had with watermelon! :)

Kathleen said...

Your #13 describes our weekend too. Great, isn't it? Glad to hear that you had successful travels!

Kathy said...

Sounds like a great trip! welcome home!

Cathy said...

Glad to hear it was actually a good trip, knowing how sleep deprivation can quickly make a trip bad. The good outweighs the bad on this one-wahoo! Refreshing. I wish you a big fat nap, so get lots of rest, and we'll see you soon!

Melissa said...

it was so good to get to see you and the girls!

Anonymous said...

Anytime you need a break from the 'princess world' feel free to stop by.. ! Jay could use a lil more girly-ness in his world!haha!

Trisha